Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pirates of the Carribean 4: On Stranger Tides





Now this week I took my step-son to see POTC 4: On Stranger Tides. With this being a Jerry Bruckheimer production, I will admit I was a little apprehensive about seeing yet another epic that started out very well but, in my opinion, began to turn into another way to get the high admission of tickets out of our pocket. Well I will say that I was amazed at the quality of the storyline and the way that it kept my attention outside of being happy that my step-son, nick-named Bam, really enjoyed himself.

Where I was most happy with was the length of the movie and they way the POTC epics do not use the "pizza hut" formats for their movies. What I mean by this is that we aren't getting a movie in 90 minutes or less! By doing this, POTC avoids an insufficient storyline leaving the spectators with questions upon questions when leaving the theater. How many movies and times have we been through this?

What wasn't most satisfying about the movie, in my opinion, was the lack of past characters. Not a major point you think? Well it would have been nice to see Naomie Harris as Calypso,  Martin Klebba as Marty (Dwarf), or even more of Jack the Monkey.  THey were missed but it didn't cause the movie to miss any other elements.

Overall it was a very well written film and is expected to do well after this weekend premiering at the box office. I definitely, in the spirits of Siskel and Ebert, give it two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment