Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thor: The Latest Addition to the Avenger

Sorry that it's been a few days since my last post so here we go!!!!




We are still in the beginnings of the AVENGERS epic in which many of us STILL can't name ALL of its members. So if you are looking for me to refresh your memory or name them for you I will NOT be doing so. Right now we are here to talk about THOR, The God of Thunder, that will be joining the Avengers soon so I guess you will just have to follow by blogs to get more info over time.

Now I will have to say that this movie has very much differed from its counterparts within the Avengers, mostly because Thor (played by Chris Hemsworth) is apart of a different Realm and World (Asgard) within neighboring galaxy to that which Earth is apart of. Now the film is full of history (backstory) that gives us an idea of the type of man Thor has grown to become and I can describe it in one word....ARROGANT!!! Man is this guy full of himself! He is so full of himself that he challenges his father Odin (played by Anthony Hopkins...fava beans anyone?!). Anyway Odin casts Thor down to earth without his mighty hammer by his side to teach him humility and live amongst us weaker humans.

As he learns his way and becomes peaceful with himself and his new surroundings, he falls in love with new friend and guide Jane Foster (played by Natalie Portman). Thor learns that true spirit comes from within as he battles supernatural forces, treachery from loved ones, and lies that have been covered for most of his life. This is an excellent addition to the Avengers epic and cannot wait for Captain America to come out next month. So check back with me next in a month and I will give you the scoop on that one as well.

OH Yeah, as for my Reel count....I give it a 4 Reel rating. BE EASY and enjoy yourselves at the movies!!!

KB

No comments:

Post a Comment